UEFA EURO 2020: Teams, Fixtures, Dates
Last year, the football Europe was preparing for the most important tournament: European Championship. However, as UEFA confirmed the final tournament was postponed until 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
And this year, we finally hope to enjoy the best European players’ game.
UEFA EURO 2020 is scheduled to be the sixteenth edition of the European tournament.
The tournament will be held on 11 June – 11 July 2021. EURO 2020 fixtures, group matches will be held from 11 June to 23 June, 2021. The final match will be played on 11 July, 2021, in Wembley Stadium, London.
For the first time, the tournament will be held in 12 different countries and host cities. As FootGoal.pro, football research and analytic website shares, UEFA EURO 2020 stadiums and host cities are the followings:
- Wembley Stadium in London, England
- Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany
- Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy
- Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Saint Petersburg Stadium in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Baku Olympic Stadium, Baku, Azerbaijan
- Arena Nationala in Bucharest, Romania
- Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland
- Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland
- Estadio San Mames in Bilbao, Spain
- Puskás Aréna in Budapest, Hungary
EURO 2020 has 24 participant countries, which are divided into six groups:
EURO Records and Stats
Germany and Spain won the most European Championships. Each of them won 3 European titles
From football players, the most appearances has Portuguese CR7. He played 21 European Championship matches for Portugal and won the tournament for one time.
The EURO top scorers are Cristiano Ronaldo and Michel Platini. The players scored nine goals each. Yet, if Cristiano scored these nine goals in four different EURO tournaments, Platini scored them in only one tournament.